Sunday, February 06, 2005

was reading wilde's De Profundis while Arvo Pärt's De Profundis was playing. strangely the two works resonate to produce a depression that silently creeps into me. that recording is good, described by one of the reviewers on amazon as 'an icy wind of delicious sadness'

(Lidholm)  De Profundis


De profundis clamavi ad te, Domine.
Domine, exaudi, vocem meam.
Fiant aures tuae intendentis
in vocem deprecationis meae. Sustinuit anima mea in verbo ejus:
speravit anima mea in Domino
 

Engl. Trans  (Lidholm) De Profundis

Out of the depths I cry to Thee, o Lord
Lord, hear my voice!
Let thy ears be attentive
To the voice of my supplication.
I wait for the Lord, my soul waits,
And in His word I hope.


(Psalm 129 / 1-2, 5-6)

1 comment:

Z said...

de profundis, the one wilde wrote in jail?
sighs there're so many things i wanna do and i can hardly prioritise. hate it.