Sunday, January 13, 2008

i run my life on a powerbook g4, my work on xp(good for me cos to run any sort of molecular bio apps on a mac is a pain in the ass, not to mention vector nti totally got frustrated with developing for new mac os's), and my phone is the most carried around piece of device. I'm really trying to consolidate my information life, but it has yet to be made easier.

for example, i would like to have one centralised calendar, and then have all my devices be able to access it. the only way i can do it now is to enter the events on ical, or on google cal , or on my nokia 6300, and then get gcal to sync my laptop and my phone, or send sms reminders of events. (30boxes is very nice, but doesn't sync phones, sadly. otherwise its usability definitely beats google, with quick add and everything. ) or i could sync my phone to my mac with isync, and then let ical syn with gcal and let gcal update my phone. eventually i want a loop, in which any bit of information i enter on any device within the loop can get synced onto other devices. should be a trivial matter.

anyone has any advice?



i typed the word "sync" so many time that i was reminded of the beer ad.

english guy on the ship: we are sinking we are sinking!
german dude on the coast(slowly): what are you sinking (thinking) about?

No comments: