Sunday, October 16, 2005

it's been chilly these days. i still remember the uncontrollable shiver that i felt the other day when i came out of CLICS (some library) after finishing my matlab hw at 00:30am. I indeed utilized a whole bunch of ATP's to unlock my bike with my hands that just wouldn't stop shaking, the cluttering of my teeth nice accompaniment for the action. and then i set off on the bike. i took the route around revelle, which is primarily downslopes. i could hear the wind shrieking by my earphones. on my ipod, was prokofiev. i thought i'd listen to him on a dark night, esp when i had to bike home after a long tiring day. he's a source of energy, usually. so, imagine, i was cutting across this patch of grass, downhill, surrounding me were a few linear and barren trees, with their shadows projected onto the modern sculptures forming bizzarre lines and shapes, as if laughing. the sculptures themselves were mesmerising, the faces in the light orange and those in the shades blue. like an fauvist painting, against the background of shostakovich's ethereal playing. it was a wicked feeling. despite the fact that i was still shivering like mad, i was thrilled! i was almost not able to contain my excitement as i biked down the narrow paths. now i understood why chopin's op 25 no. 11 ("winter wind") was so exciting, not quite bitter, but thrilling. winter can be exciting. was a near death experience.

No comments: