Thursday, March 03, 2005

OVER

many things were over today. for example, my month long driving learning experience finally ended with the test passed. well. wasn't the best of results but i finally got my license. phew~

and requiem was staged. i knew the sop soloist from the chamber music concert last quarter. pretty much the same impression this time i heard her. very clear rounded tone, with very even vibrato. bright. colorful. very beautiful. i don't like her 'e' vowels, sounding a little too close to "i" maybe in an effort to focus. and her pitch wasn't very stable at the higher range, but was much better in the actual performance. and her phrasing was way too choppy for my liking. well, overall she has a very adorable voice, (and looks like an adorable personality too. unlike some other sops i've seen in this school.) think she was indeed very much more suitable than me for the part. well. i've nothing to say.

my vibrato is not healthy. sigh. i want to take voice lessons but i don't think i should. it'll cost me a nuclear bomb. but my voice is going down the drain, not to say that it was ever very good, but certainly was better. when i was conscious of what my voice box was doing and now i don't seem to have much control over my voice. sigh.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, congrats! how much do voice lessons cost anyway? bout $40? tell them you're a college student, maybe they'll give you a discount.

sangyu said...

i don't really know. but i'm going to ask the voice teacher here in the school. maybe today i donno. i'll see. i don't think i can afford $40 a hour. yeah i know that's how much your guitar lessons cost.

Anonymous said...

hm.. maybe you can take a lesson once a month?